The NursesBond Mentorship Program is designed to provide a collective learning opportunity between a mentor and a mentee in which the mentor serves as a guide and/or role model to assist the mentee in gaining vast knowledge and experience for career advancement.
The program is designed to meet the following objectives:
- Create encouraging and supportive relationships
- Guide healthcare professionals in their professional, personal and interpersonal growth
- Promote sharing and mutuality based on the wants and needs of colleagues
- Communicate information concerning learning opportunities and expectations
NursesBond will take great care in matching a mentee with a mentor, ensuring a good fit for both sides. The mentor and mentee must have a mutual desire to build a professional learning experience. Mentors must be genuine, caring and compassionate and willing to disclose information about what they know. Mentees must keep an open-mind when it comes to feedback and have a willingness to learn.
Selected participants will commit to a 6-month formal mentoring partnership. This can last up to a year depending on the mentor and mentee relationship.
Mentor and mentee will have to meet at least once in person within the first two months of matching. Then will communicate as often as agreed. Communication can be through telephone, email, Skype, or in-person.
NursesBond Mentorship Committee will periodically check the status of the on-going communication between the mentor and mentee.
Both Mentor and Mentee must be a NursesBond member. To sign up visit www.nursesbond.com and click “Join Us”.
- Be a NursesBond Member
- Be currently employed in the healthcare field
- Have worked in the healthcare field for five years or more
- Be available to meet in person at least one time within two months and be available to communicate as often as agreed with your mentee
- Have an interest in providing guidance to a healthcare professional